50 Cent Could Be Sanctioned For Allegedly Ignoring Deposition Request From Radio Host He Struck In The Head With Microphone

Radio personality Bryhana Monegain is determined to hold rapper 50 Cent accountable in their ongoing legal battle.

Radio personality Bryhana Monegain is determined to hold rapper 50 Cent accountable in their ongoing legal battle. Monegain has taken her case to court, filing a motion requesting the judge to impose sanctions on the rapper. This comes after repeated unsuccessful attempts to get 50 Cent to participate in a deposition. According to court documents, Monegain alleges that since she filed the lawsuit against 50 Cent earlier this year, she has faced obstacles in her pursuit of justice. As previously reported, the Power 106 host claims that 50 Cent threw a microphone which struck her in the head back in August of last year, resulting in a concussion, laceration, and bruises. Despite multiple attempts to schedule a deposition with 50 Cent’s lawyers, Monegain said that he has failed to follow through on any of the proposed dates. She is now seeking a fine of $5,000 and a court order compelling the musician to appear on the upcoming scheduled date. Her lawyers wrote in the document, “Due to the pendency of the August 5, 2024, mediation date, an Order compelling [50] to sit for deposition and provide testimony must be made forthwith.” 50 Cents lawyers had responded to Monegain initial lawsuit stating that the rapper would not intentionally harm anyone. “Let’s be very clear, as I told LAPD this afternoon, my client Curtis [’50 Cent’ Jackson] would never intentionally strike anyone with a microphone…Anyone saying something different doesn’t have all the facts and is misinformed.” As of now, there is no official report regarding a judge’s ruling on the matter. #Clique, what are your thoughts?

American Airlines Sues Passenger, Seeking Over $81,000 In Fines For 2021 Mid-Air Meltdown

A woman is currently dealing with significant legal expenses due to an incident that took place during a flight from Dallas to Charlotte in 2021.

A woman is currently dealing with significant legal expenses due to an incident that took place during a flight from Dallas to Charlotte in 2021. Heather Wells, 34, is facing a lawsuit from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for failing to pay a fine of $81,950 designated to her by American Airlines, per the NY Post.  This fine was a result of Wells’ disruptive and violent behavior during the flight. The incident occurred in July 2021, when Wells, who is originally from San Antonio, was served a neat Jack Daniels drink during the beverage service about an hour into the flight. As the flight progressed, Wells’, who typically flies business class, became agitated and attempted to open the main cabin door.  She also threatened a flight attendant, forcefully pushing him aside, and persisting towards the front of the aircraft. Two flight attendants and a fellow passenger had to restrain Wells using duct tape and flex cuffs to ensure the safety of everyone on board, reports note. Even while seated, she kicked, spit, and even attempted to bite and head-butt both the crew and fellow passengers. The situation escalated when she managed to break free from her restraints, unleashing more kicks towards crew members and passengers as they were in the process of taxiing to the gate.  The authorities were called to de-escalate the situation. Wells was sedated before being escorted off the aircraft. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has accused Wells of violating federal aviation regulations by attempting to gain unauthorized access to the flight cabin, interfering with the flight crew, making threats, and posing a clear and present danger to the safety of both the aircraft and its occupants. This is the highest penalty ever given by the FAA. #Clique, what are your thoughts? 

Kanye West Denies Former Assistant’s Sexual Harassment Claims, Says Allegations Are ‘Baseless and Accuses Her Of Blackmail

Kanye West denied accusations of sexual harassment made by his former Yeezy assistant, Lauren Pisciotta.

Kanye West denied accusations of sexual harassment made by his former Yeezy assistant, Lauren Pisciotta. Pisciotta filed a lawsuit against the rapper, claiming sexual harassment and wrongful termination. In a statement provided to Page Six by his lawyers, the artist, known by his legal name Ye, alleged that the OnlyFans model tried pursuing “him sexually to coerce employment and other material benefits” and then attempted to extort him when “her advances were rejected.”  “In response to these baseless allegations, Ye will be filing a lawsuit against Ms. Pisciotta,” the statement reads. “Prior to her termination as an assistant, Ms. Pisciotta stole his cell phone in an attempt to destroy phone records that would contradict her claims, all of which have been preserved.” “She was terminated for being unqualified, demanding unreasonable sums of money (including a $4 million annual salary) and numerous documented incidents of her lascivious, unhinged conduct,” his legal team continued. Per the lawyers, “Pisciotta offered Ye sex on his birthday to which he declined, sent Ye unsolicited nude images, sexual narratives and was seen twerking in the office during business hours.” West is accusing Pisciotta of attempting to blackmail him out of “$60 million last year to $50 million in last week’s frivolous filing,” his lawyers claimed. According to the influencer, she was hired in July 2021 with an initial salary of $1 million. In September 2022, she was promoted to the position of chief of staff, with a significant raise of $4 million. However, just a month later, she was terminated from her position where she was promised a severance package of $3 million, but has not received it. She has accused Kanye West of creating a hostile work environment and engaging in several sexually inappropriate incidents. One such incident involved him allegedly locking her in a room with him while he was masturbating. #Clique, what are your thoughts?

Lawsuit Filed Against Lauryn Hill’s Touring Company For Nearly $60,00 In Unpaid Wages After Multiple Show Cancellations

Lauryn Hill's touring company, MLH Touring Inc., is facing accusations of not paying a service provider for their work on her anniversary tour.

Lauryn Hill‘s touring company, MLH Touring Inc., is facing accusations of not paying a service provider for their work on her anniversary tour. The service provider, Eighteentwentysix LLC, filed a lawsuit claiming that they are owed nearly $60,000 in unpaid compensation.  The lawsuit alleges that MLH Touring Inc. breached its contract by not fulfilling its payment obligations for production, rehearsals, and other services related to the North American tour. Lauryn Hill had some unfortunate setbacks with her highly anticipated 25th anniversary tour for her iconic album “The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill.” Due to health complications, she had to cancel multiple show dates. Eighteentwentysix LLC is claiming that they were never paid for their work. They are now suing for the owed amount, along with a 10% interest. They are also seeking reimbursement for attorney fees, the costs incurred during the lawsuit, and any other appropriate compensation. As of now, there have been no reports of Lauryn Hill publicly addressing this matter or responding to the lawsuit in court. However, it’s worth mentioning that the “Ex-Factor” artist had previously promised her fans that she would make it up to them. She announced plans to reschedule the canceled concerts and even expand the tour by adding more dates and cities. #Clique, what are your thoughts?

TikTok Sues U.S. Government Following Newly Signed Law Banning The App, Says Users First Amendment Rights Are Being Violated

It appears that TikTok is strongly committed to keeping its presence in the United States.

It appears that TikTok is strongly committed to keeping its presence in the United States. The popular Chinese-owned social media app has recently sued the U.S. government in an attempt to block a newly passed bill that aims to ban the app nationwide. As previously reported, President Joe Biden signed legislation last month that gives TikTok until January 2025 to either sell to an American-approved company or face a ban across the country.  In response, TikTok’s CEO has been clear that the company intends to challenge the bill, which they officially did today (Tuesday, May 6th). TikTok, which is owned by the China-based parent company ByteDance, has filed a lawsuit arguing that the ban infringes on Americans’ First Amendment rights by “[stifling] their speech and [preventing] them from accessing lawful information.” “[The US government] has taken the unprecedented step of expressly singling out and banning [TikTok]…For the first time in history…Congress has enacted a law that subjects a single, named speech platform to a permanent, nationwide ban, and bars every American from participating in a unique online community with more than 1 billion people worldwide,” the lawsuit states.  US government officials have long advocated for a ban on TikTok due to concerns about Chinese ownership and potential data exposure. Former President Donald Trump has also supported the ban on TikTok, which is now being implemented by his successor. TikTok has filed a lawsuit to challenge the ban in the D.C. Circuit Court, but there is no information on the US response yet. #Clique, what are your thoughts?

Man Plans To File Lawsuit Against Florida Deputies Who Allegedly Shot At Him While He Was Detained After They Mistook Falling Acorn For ‘Shots Fired’

It looks like Okaloosa County Sheriff's Deputies had a case of the “Chicken Little” syndrome.

It looks like Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Deputies had a case of the “Chicken Little” syndrome. A man is suing the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s office after he claims two of their deputies wrongfully shot at him after mistaking an acorn falling and hitting their patrol vehicle for a gunshot, as reported by Fox News.  This led both the deputy and his partner to unleash a barrage of gunfire on the patrol car, which had the individual in the backseat. Video footage captures the moment when one of the deputies frantically shouts “shots fired,” before pulling out his firearm and firing multiple rounds at the vehicle.  The deputy involved has been identified as Jesse Hernandez, a former Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Deputy, who can be heard in the video saying, “I’m hit… I’m hit! I’m hit.” Deputy Beth Roberts also discharged his weapon. Even after being searched, detained, and placed in handcuffs just moments before, Marquis Jackson was still shot at multiple times. Fortunately, he was not injured. The arrest of Jackson was prompted by a domestic call made by his girlfriend, who accused him of stealing her car, threatening her, and potentially possessing a gun silencer, although its whereabouts were uncertain.  Okaloosa County Sheriff Eric Aden acknowledged the gravity of the situation, stating, “We let the public down. I will admit — this was a very tragic and traumatic incident for Mr. Jackson. To that end — I can only apologize.” An independent review and investigation confirmed that no long guns were used to shoot at Mr. Jackson. Deputies used long guns with bean bag rounds to help him exit the vehicle, and claimed he was not being shot at. #Clique, what are your thoughts?

Terrence Howard’s Former Agents Dismiss His Allegations That He Was Underpaid On ‘Empire’ As ‘Utterly Meritless’

Recently, Terrence Howard took legal action against his former agency, CAA (Creative Artists Agency LLC), claiming a conflict of interest in the company’s management of his salary for the show "Empire." 

Recently, Terrence Howard took legal action against his former agency, CAA (Creative Artists Agency LLC), claiming a conflict of interest in the company’s management of his salary for the show “Empire,”  as reported by Radaronline.com Howard alleges that CAA failed to adequately advocate for him during his time on the popular FOX musical drama, as the agency also represented the show’s co-creators and production company. Furthermore, Howard claims that CAA provided him with misleading information about the salaries of his white colleagues, resulting in a lower rate for his work. His lawsuit reportedly stated, “Not only did it become abundantly clear that his agents led him on a path to rely on information that was misleading, he discovered that this was the result of the fact that CAA was not acting in his best interest, but in the in the interest of their own financial benefit as well as the interest of the Production Companies and the producers, Daniels and Strong.” In response to Terrence Howard’s allegations, CAA has now provided its perspective on the matter. According to court documents obtained by RadarOnline, the agency has strongly dismissed Howard’s claims as “utterly meritless.” CAA has submitted a motion seeking the dismissal of Howard’s lawsuit, stating that “Howard filed his Complaint … asserting claims for fraud and breach of fiduciary duty premised on CAA’s alleged role as a ‘packaging agent’ on the television show Empire in December 2023—over nine years after Howard admits that CAA explicitly told him it was acting as the show’s packaging agent, seven years after Howard admits he suspected the alleged injury of which he now complains (i.e., that he was not paid enough), and more than four years after the highly publicized Writers Guild of America’s packaging lawsuit was filed against CAA (and other agencies), which Howard quotes in his Complaint.” #Clique, what are your thoughts?

Lawsuit Filed Against Angus Cloud’s Estate For Unsettled Debts, Including $4,000 Phone Bill From Verizon Wireless

The late actor Angus Cloud is facing financial trouble even after his passing, as creditors are now seeking payment from his estate. 

The late actor Angus Cloud is facing financial trouble even after his passing, as creditors are now seeking payment from his estate.  According to court documents, various lenders claim that Cloud owed them thousands of dollars, prompting legal action to recover his outstanding debts. One of the companies involved is Verizon Wireless, which alleges that Cloud accumulated a total of $4,282.70 in purchases and goods before his untimely death last July.  Cloud’s mother, Lisa Cloud, who serves as the sole executor of his estate, received the suit from Verizon. Additionally, Cloud’s former manager, Diomi Cordero, has also filed a lawsuit against the estate, asserting that the actor owed him $94,770 in unpaid commission.  Cordero claims that Cloud violated their contract and stopped commission payments in 2022 without providing any explanation. In his suit, Cordero said that Cloud, “[had] a record of making numerous commission payments to him until he ceased making such payments with no basis.” Cordero states that he tried to resolve the issue with Cloud’s legal team, but they couldn’t agree. He insists that he played a significant role in getting Cloud lucrative deals with well-known brands like Ralph Lauren, Rayban, and Zara, and believes he should still receive his commission despite Cloud’s death. In addition, J.P. Morgan Chase sued Cloud’s estate in November for an unpaid credit card bill of $9,056.11. No updates have been reported regarding the outcome of these lawsuits. #Clique, what are your thoughts?

Starbucks Fires Barista Working Through Paramedic School Who Heroically Subdued Robbers After Getting Pistol-Whipped

A Starbucks barista, Michael Harrison, was fired after he helped subdue two robbers who attacked him at his workplace in downtown St. Louis, per the NY Post.

A Starbucks barista, Michael Harrison, was fired after he helped subdue two robbers who attacked him at his workplace in downtown St. Louis, per the NY Post. Harrison was reportedly cooperative with the robbers until one of the criminals hit him in the head with his gun. A co-worker jumped in to defend Harrison, resulting in a brawl with other bystanders and the assailants.  The robbers were eventually apprehended by the police.  Harrison and his co-worker were placed on paid leave while Starbucks investigated the incident. “I got a call a few weeks later,” Harrison said. “Once the media died down. They told me they were terminating me. I was surprised. I was distraught. I was confused.” According to Harrison’s attorney Ryan Krupp, the company informed both Harrison and his coworker that they had breached company policy, but did not provide specific details. “We were deeply disturbed to learn of this frightening incident,” a Starbucks spokesperson told The Post.  “Partner safety is at the core of how we operate in our stores, and we are so grateful that our partners and customers did not come to greater harm in this situation.” They went on to add, “Our training and protocols guide our partners to comply and de-escalate, not just for their safety but for the safety of all in the store.” Harrison no longer has an income and expressed that he is facing difficulties in covering his bills and tuition. “That job was helping me pay for college,” he said. “I just don’t understand it. I thought it was the right thing to do.” Krupp says that they are currently preparing a lawsuit, which will be filed within the next few weeks. “When the robbers came in, my client complied and tried to open the cash register when he was struck in the head by one of the gunman,” Krupp said. “At that point you’re in a position to defend yourself.” #Clique, what are your thoughts?

Former Nude Art Performer Files Lawsuit Against Museum of Modern Art For Negligence, Claiming That Staff Allowed Patrons To ‘Fondle’ His Genitals

A former nude artist has filed a lawsuit against the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) alleging that the staff “turned a blind eye” to patrons groping his genitals during his performance at an exhibition, as reported by the NY Post.

A former nude artist has filed a lawsuit against the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) alleging that the staff “turned a blind eye” to patrons groping his genitals during his performance at an exhibition, as reported by the NY Post. The plaintiff, John Bonafede, claims that his genitals were touched by five men on seven separate occasions at the 2010 exhibit titled “Marina Abramovich: The Artist is Present”. The lawsuit was filed in a Manhattan court on Monday. In his role, Bonafede was tasked with reenacting one of Abramovich’s previous artworks. This involved standing still for 75 minutes, while maintaining eye contact with a woman in a similar pose, in a piece called “Imponderabilia.” As part of the exhibition, visitors were encouraged to walk between the two performers to go into the next gallery.  However, according to the lawsuit obtained by The Post, Bonafede alleges that on seven separate occasions, he was “fondled and/or groped” by 5 different “older men.” The lawsuit claims that the men would turn sideways, lower their hands, and “linger for a moment before moving through into the next gallery room.” The lawsuit also accuses a MOMA security guard of witnessing the assault but not intervening.  “We are well aware of the challenges posed by having nude performers in the galleries for this exhibition,” the museum admitted in a statement to The Post. “Any visitor who improperly touches or disturbs any of the performers is escorted from the museum by MoMA security.” However, the lawsuit claims that MOMA did not tell visitors not to touch exhibits and refused to provide the identities of the alleged harassers to Bonafede. He filed a lawsuit under the New York Adult Survivors Act and is seeking an unspecified amount in damages. The complaint deadline expired, but he was granted an extension. #Clique, what are your thoughts?