Sadly, three children were discovered unresponsive at a babysitter’s home after she reportedly taught them how to snort drugs, officials in Indiana said. On June 28, the children’s mother arrived to retrieve them from the woman’s home and discovered the babysitter sitting on her front porch while appearing to be
according to The Kansas Star.
When the unidentified mother went into the woman’s home, she called for her children; however, there was no response. She instantly ran to her children and discovered her three children unresponsive. Reports added that their ages were 8, 9, and 15.
Officers later arrived at the scene after the mother contacted officials. First responders began to help the children and luckily, the two younger children were revived at the home; despite them
“stumbling and falling down.”
The 15-year-old was taken to the hospital and later gained consciousness. Reports added that the teen was located near a powdery substance and shattered pill capsules.
The minors informed officials that the unnamed babysitter gave them pills and showed them how to snort the pills, investigators say. Officials said,
“The children also told detectives that they each ingested about 3-4 pills each of the three different types of pills.”
Police searched the babysitter’s home after obtaining a search warrant where they discovered
“prescription bottles for Klonopin, Adderall, and Lyrica, along with loose pills,”
reports the news outlet. The babysitter stumbled on her words as she informed officials that she didn’t know what happened; however, she confessed that the minors might have gotten ahold of her drugs.
The babysitter was charged with neglect of a dependent resulting in serious bodily injury among other charges, officials say, reports the Kansas Star.
#Clique, what are your thoughts?