Life’s Journey With the Pareto Principle

Image Credit: Chimnay Singh/ Pexels

The Pareto principle is the 80/20 rule that you apply to life. This concept emphasizes the significance of the lesser number, 20, because focusing on it can have a profound impact on 80% of your life. You might have thought that the focus should be more evenly distributed, but sorry to burst your bubble, that’s just the way it is – a simple life theory! To achieve the best results from the Pareto principle, you need to prioritize yourself and be intentional. Remember, using critical reasoning to select 20% of your choices can either make or break your life, that is, the remaining 80%.

How to Get the Best Out of the 80/20 Rule

These steps will help you achieve the best results when maximizing the Pareto principle. By applying it, 20% of your life decisions are sorted, and they will have an impact on 80% of your life’s outcome.

Your Level of Empathy and Humanity

Simply put, a high percentage of your life, consisting of 20%, is determined by how sensitive you are to the people around you. Do you confront people unnecessarily? Are you kind to those who may never repay you? Do you consider different perspectives? These are the questions to reflect on if you want to practice the Pareto principle.

Being Conscious of Your Time

Spending time thinking about how to bring value to others is the best way to apply the 80/20 rule to life. It may not seem like much, but choosing to spend time with those who need attention, happiness, and love can greatly influence your life. This can be seen as an act of service. The more you give, not necessarily financially, the happier you will feel.

Developing an Identity

The Pareto principle can have a positive impact if you have a strong sense of identity. You should not be easily influenced but be the one who impacts lives. When you stand firm in what you believe in, including your morals, values, and beliefs, you can take charge of your life.

How You Live Life as a Youth

It may seem like you have all the time in the world, but youth doesn’t last forever – nothing does. Time, seasons, and people change. So, it’s best to build solid connections with those who matter. Understanding this 20% will help balance the 80.

Take that adventurous trip on your list. Be committed to that project and invest in yourself now rather than later. There will always be time to spend doing nothing once you have a solid lifestyle put together.

While you are at it, reflect on the friendships and romances you engage in as a youth.
Ultimately, the ball is in your court. Living life based on the 80/20 rule will lead you to a fulfilled life. According to AConsciousRethink, you will feel happy, valuable, and unique. The key is to show discipline in your choices.

Our biggest stories, straight to your box.

Sign up now to get our essential daily briefs on politics' Environment, Royals and more.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement and Privacy Policy & Cookies Statement


Editors Picks